Arthritis is one of the biggest problem that has been faced by million of people worldwide. Arthritis is a general term that literally means pain and inflammation in joints. Though previously it was believed that only old people suffers from arthritis but now it has been seen that people of younger age group are also being affected by this disease. Arthritis is not a disease in itself. There is a general condition in which the joint becomes inflamed and causes great pain. Arthritis can be of many types but commonly three types are frequently seen. These are: -
(a) Rheumatoid arthritis
(a) Rheumatoid arthritis - it is a kind of arthritis that is more associated autoimmune disorder that occurs due to attack of our immune system on the joints. It is also associated with the deformity in the body. It is commonly seen in people who are in their mid forties.
(b) Osteoarthritis - it is another form of arthritis that occurs due to age related changes. In this condition there is formation of osteophytes in the joints. The cartilaginous structure gets ossified and gets converted in the bone. This bone formation in the bone leads to the hindered movements and causes extremes pain whenever the joint is made to move.
(c) Gout - it is concerned with the formation of uric acid crystals in the joint. Due to any kind of deformity there is decreased in the serum uric acid metabolism thereby leads to the accumulation of uric acid in the joints. It is commonly called as the riches disease as it is more commonly seen in people who are well off.
· Over use of joints
· Hereditary factors
· Wrong feeding habits
· Metabolic disorder
· Pain in joints
· Swellings in joints
· Restricted movements
· Redness over joint
· Deformity of the joint
· Cracking sound on movements.
Though the anatomical changes are very difficult to be reversed but their have been certain ayurvedic preparations that are extremely helpful in suppressing pain and prevent any further damage to the joint. Belo are few ayurvedic herbs that are very effective in curbing arthritis.
· Ashwagandha (withinia somnifera) - it is one of the best herb that has the potential to suppress pain and inflammation. It has certain properties that are very helpful in reducing the vata dosha in the body that is solely responsible for causing all pains and inflammation in the body. Ashwagandha is a medium sized plant that is easily found in areas having warmer climatic conditions. The roots of Ashwagandha are the plant parts that are being used to make medicines. Generally Ashwagandha is taken in as powder form but it is now available in capsules and syrup forms also.
· Guggul (commiphora mukul) - Guggul is one of the most prestigious herbs that has been very popular among ayurvedic physicians. Guggul is vata suppressant and hence is widely used to treat vata related disorders. Guggul not only reduces pain in the body but is also responsible in suppressing any kind of inflammation and edema that occurs in the body. Various preparations like mahayogaraja Guggul, laxadi Guggul, rasnadi Guggul and gokshuradi Guggul that are being widely used to curb any kind of pain in the body.
· Rasna (pluchea lanceolata) - Rasna is an excellent analgesic and has excellent results in suppressing pain in the body. It is a small plant that can be used in preparing various forms of preparations. It is used as powder, decoction and oils. It has the potential to reduce the vata dosha in the body and is very successful in curbing its effect.
· Arthcare oil - arthcare oil is one of the prestigious ayurvedic preparations that have been found extremely helpful in treating various pain disorders like arthritis, musculoskeletal disorders, backache, joint pains, wounds etc. It has been empowered with the wonders of certain ayurvedic herbs like errand (ricinus communis), Rasna (pluchea lanceolata), devdaru (cedrus deodara), shuddha Guggul (commiphora mukul), rasone (garlic), marich (black pepper), nirgundi (vitex negundo), ajwain (trachyspermum) and til tail (seasum). These all herbs are famous for their activities in suppressing and curbing any kind of pain and inflammation that might occur in the body. The oil is gently massaged on the affected part and then hot fomentation is done. This is the simple procedure that is all you have to do to get relief from the pain and arthritis.